Monday, September 26, 2011

Bob Marley Set the Tone

Our Dreamer Writes:

Dear SMYD,

Have you ever heard of anyone whose dreams are set to music?  My dreams often have music.  It’s usually some popular song.  Sometimes the only thing I remember of my dreams is the music in my mind when I wake up! 

Recently, I woke up with the lyrics from one of Bob Marley’s songs playing in my mind; “Don’t you worry ‘bout a thing.  Every little thing’s gonna be alright.”

Sure enough, all the things I’d been stewing over turned out very well that day.  I think part of the reason is that I went into the situation with a more relaxed attitude thanks to Marley’s laid back lyrics.

Signed,

Lovin’ the Music



Dear Lovin’,

I do know at least one other person who had music in her dreams.  My grandmother told me that she frequently had classical concerts in her sleeping scenarios.  She said she could actually “change the channel” if she wanted to hear something different!

Without more details from your experience, I can only suggest that your dreams are “full service” dreams, engaging your senses beyond the visual.  And why not?  There don’t seem to be any rules in dreaming.  They are not restricted to one area of the brain.  That accounts for the fantastic figures and improbable events that make up the metaphors and emotions that our dreams put together on our behalf.

It seems the lyrics were all you needed to set the tone for addressing a stressful situation in a peaceful and productive way.  Perfect!  

Sweet Dreams!

SMYD

sendmeyourdreams@mail.com               


No comments:

Post a Comment