Monday, September 19, 2011

From Dreamer to Dreamer


Our Dreamer Writes:

Dear SMYD,

During a very stressful time when I felt extremely concerned for my child, I dreamed of him repeatedly.  The dreams were vague but he seemed to be in trouble or turmoil and I felt powerless to help him. 

Finally, I dreamed he and I spoke on the phone.  He said, “Mom!  Stop worrying about me so much!  Every time you do, my phone rings.”

Could my dreams really bother someone else?

Signed,

Worried About My Boy



Dear Worried,

Some amazing things transpire in dreams!  You may have heard of people who share the same dream experience on the same night.  (Remember that scene in “Field of Dreams” when Kevin Costner and Amy Madigan discover they both dreamed of watching a baseball game at Fenway Park?)

The idea of a shared, collective unconscious underpins the concept.  This suggests that perhaps dreamers can connect on the dream plane, so to speak.  If that is true, perhaps we can accept that your dreams “ring a bell” in your son’s dreams.

A more figurative approach to this dream would suggest that your Dreaming Self is telling you that you convey your worries to your child too often.  This can be upsetting even to an adult child, who may begin to second guess himself, or stress about his mom as a result.

Peaceful Dreams to you, Dear Dreamer!

SMYD

sendmeyourdreams@mail.com               


No comments:

Post a Comment