Monday, September 12, 2011

Just Not Herself Today


Our Dreamer Writes:

Dear SMYD,
I dreamed that I was someone else.  As her, I went to get my hair dyed.  I was going to get it dyed a clear, bright green, on the ends only.   

That’s how it started.  But soon, my hair was multiple colors including purple and black.  It was splotchy and very unattractive.  My face was green.  I was an unattractive person and I didn’t know what to do about it. 

I have always thought of myself as a happy person, but I sure didn’t feel happy looking like that! 

Signed,
Heading to the Salon 

Dear Heading, 

This dream could be a pretty clear representation of how you’re feeling, or how your thoughts are going.   

I’m sure you’ve heard the expression, “She’s just not herself today.”  That’s what’s your dream says directly to you.  You are not yourself.  Think about your current circumstances:  are you trying to become different, for some reason?  Or, maybe you feel drawn into a situation that is not your usual. 

I don’t know if you’re the kind of person who might actually dye her hair green, but even if you are, things go awry in your dream.  Your thoughts, (your hair, the stuff coming out of your head/mind) start out a nice clear green, a color with many positive connotations.  But your thoughts and emotions wind up a jumble of not very attractive colors, and you’re clearly unhappy about it. 

Step back and assess the path you’re on Dear Dreamer.  It’s never too late to be true to yourself. 

Sweet Dreams!

SMYD



No comments:

Post a Comment