Friday, July 8, 2011

My Dead Grandma Beckons Me!

Our Dreamer Writes:
Dear SMYD,
I dreamed about my grandma who died not long ago.
In the dream, she wants me to come visit her!  She is standing in my office with her arms open wide.  She’s smiling and saying, “Come see me.”
Now on one side, this dream makes me glad, as if I’ve really seen her.  I was her favorite grandchild and she always thought I was the best at everything.  I woke up feeling happy, but also a little concerned. 
Does she want me to join her in death?  I am not ready for that!
Signed,
Scared of My Own Grandma!

Dear Scared,
You should know that I believe in the afterlife.  So I will never discount the possibility that your doting grandmother paid your dreaming self a visit, or perhaps as likely, that your dreaming self visited her.  In either case, it would have been a sweet and loving visit.  At the end of your visit, she used that Southern custom – instead of saying, “Goodbye,” she says, “Come back.” 
Now, even if you also believe in the afterlife and that straightforward explanation, there’s another angle worthy of consideration in your dream:  Your grandmother didn’t appear in “heaven,” or even in her own house.  She appeared in your office.  This is significant.
Think about the work you do in your office.  Is it going well?  Are you worried about work for some reason?  Are you appreciated there?  If you are, do you recognize it?
The image of your grandmother, the one who loves you and appreciates you the most, beckons you.  She seems to be saying, “Come to my point of view in your office.  You are loved and valued at work.  Try to relax and appreciate yourself.”
It’s worth considering, Dear Dreamer.  Look around at work and see if your grandma’s viewpoint doesn’t improve your perspective there.
Don’t work too hard, and of course, Sweet Dreams!
SMYD

No comments:

Post a Comment