Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fasten your seatbelt! This dream promises a bumpy ride!


When you’re going through hell, keep going.  That maxim may be the implication of today’s dream in which the dreamer passes through an extremely unpleasant scene:

Dear SMYD,

I dreamed that I was riding a bicycle through the scene of a terrible accident.  A small black car had crashed and the occupant was torn limb from limb.  It was gruesome and bloody and I was weaving in and out.  I think the person had been wearing black leather. 

I saw myself and the scene from overhead, from a helicopter’s view more than from the ground.  Somehow I knew I was looking down on the contents of my own dream. 

Emergency responders told me I shouldn’t be traveling through the area, but I was too far in to turn around.  Past the point of no return.  I had crossed the yellow tape and traveled into the scene without recognizing it for what it was, so I just kept going.  Then, when I got to the other side, I knew I would be OK. 

Then, on the other side of the accident, I was driving my car and an older man in a pickup truck came careening toward me.  His head was nodding forward and jerking upward, as though he was trying to wake himself up.  I guess we crashed because next we were in a field with both vehicles damaged and steaming and a fence torn out.  But both of us were going to be fine. 

Then, the old man started to blame me for the collision.  I said, “Look old man, this was not my fault.  You crashed into me.  Look at all this damage on my side of the road.  You were falling asleep at the wheel.”  Someone there, another man, nodded his head in agreement. 

This dream has me scared!  What could it be about?

Signed,

Witness and Victim at the Scene of Two Accidents

 

Dear Witness,

Your dream has the qualities of lucidity.  That is the experience of dreaming while also being aware that you’re dreaming.  Such dreams offer us immediate perspective along with powerful opportunities for self-assessment and change.

In the first part of your dream, you pass through a circumstance that would tear some people apart, but you emerge unharmed.  You must hold that thought, Dear Dreamer, for you may already have blundered into the middle of something with the potential for being extremely emotional and devastating that you don’t yet recognize.  

Once the dust is settling, you are wrongly accused of being at fault in the situation.  But you respond calmly and with a level head.  That is quite impressive since you may sustain as much trauma as anyone.  Beware of the person who crosses boundaries (breaks down fences).  He will try to blame his irresponsible behavior on you!

But of course, as the emergency responders told you, if you’d steered clear to begin with, the issue and the damage would be in someone else’s dream.

Sweet Dreams to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment