Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Do You Really Want to Unearth that Whale?


Our Dreamer Writes:

Dear SMYD,

Last night I had one of the most vivid dreams in a long time:

It was a day of celebration, where everyone took a boat to the beach and went water skiing.  I was waiting to go with my ex-boyfriend.  I saw a family with a shiny turquoise metallic boat.  The mother asked if we would like to join her.  I thought that we would have liked a boat of our own but all the other boats were taken.  

My ex showed up and by that time sun started to go down.  We got to the beach and I said to my ex that I didn’t want to go skiing because I was scared of the water at night.  He laughed and said it was ok.  We began to kiss in the water and as the waves crashed over us we were laughing because he now knew why I was scared.  

This part seems most important:  We get out of the water and head up to the beach where there is a big sand dune and many people on the beach with bright lights overlooking the beach.  We were told by someone that a giant whale has been buried and everyone needs to find it.  Everyone started to look at that dune, but we were looking out over the water thinking the whale was buried out there.  My best friend comes up to us and I wave to him with a big smile on my face and I realize I am naked.  My ex and I walk to another beach to find the whale.  After this I wake up.

Signed,

Finding a Whale with My Ex-Boyfriend

 

Dear Whale Finder,

Your dream could be about you and your ex-boyfriend, but just as likely, he serves as a metaphor for a state of mind or set of circumstances you may return to, even though it scares you.  Think about what kind of person he is, or how he lives his life.  Is that something that you find yourself drawn to?

You'd like to do things your way – have your own boat - but must accept someone else's system or rules if you go forward in the new direction.  You’re experiencing fear of the waves (of emotion) and also fear of the balancing act that the new/old relationship or circumstance will require.

Your search for the buried whale speaks to a possible desire to find a hidden life, or a hidden meaning in life.  It's significant that you choose to look in places other than those indicated by the dune (looks like a buried whale right in front of you!), by the people who tell you it's there to be dug up, and even your best friend's advice. 

Your nakedness may show that your best friend (your true self) sees through any facade you throw up to cover your thoughts/feelings/actions.  Now think, Dear Dreamer, are you looking far away for what’s right in front of you?

Sweet Dreams to You!

SMYD
sendmeyourdreams@mail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment