Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Do you deserve a mansion?


Our Dreamer Writes:

Dear SMYD,

This is a unique situation, at least in my mind.  I’ve only known this girl over Xbox, Facebook, and the constant texting we do.  Even though I've never met her I know a lot about her.  Because of the media through which we communicate we're able to open up and be real with each other.  I really care about her.  She isn't rich, but there's no doubt in my mind that she will be.  She's nothing short of a genius.
The dream starts with us driving in my beat-up, old car.  I'm just glad she's there with me.  She seems to be happy as well.  

I feel intimidated when we pull up to a tall metal gate.  It opens and we proceed up this very long driveway.  I don't feel nervous until I notice how long the driveway is.  We pull up to an extravagant house.  When I see the house, my jaw drops a little.  My house is nice but it's nothing compared to hers.  She gets out and says, "We're home." 

I get out and walk to the door, but when I turn around my car is gone.  I walk through the large doors of her house and her family is standing in the foyer.  Everyone is dressed elegantly except me.  It was as if they were part of a sailing club.  But I'm wearing my normal street clothes, a jacket with a t-shirt, skinny jeans, and a pair of skate shoes.  Nobody mentions it though.   

Everyone is very welcoming and friendly, until we go into the living room that is.  I've never seen her family, but the one I recognize her mother to be asked me to leave.  She said it kindly, "Could you please leave," not smiling but very politely, with a friendly sort of voice.
 
I wasn't surprised, I was expecting it.  My friend didn't say or do anything other than look at me.  She didn't seem displeased, but neither was I.  And then I woke up. 

I'd really like to hear what you think about this dream.  

Signed, 

Visitor to a Mansion

Dear Visitor,

Our dreams most often provide perspective on our circumstances, offering opportunities for insight and problem solving.  Less often, they focus outwardly on people we know, situations and the world around us.  These outward-facing dreams can give us a clear perspective of an objective nature; sometimes they simply show us how we perceive other people and situations.

In either case, your dream has you expecting to be dismissed, asked to leave, by polite people with whom you think you don’t fit.  Perhaps that’s a mindset you’ll want to explore in your waking life.  Give yourself permission to belong in a setting indicative of high-level success. 

Why not, Dear Dreamer?  You’re comfortable being with the girl whom you believe is a genius.  You expect her to be rich someday - why exclude yourself?  After all, she doesn’t say, “I’m home,” does she?

Sweet Dreams to You!

SMYD

No comments:

Post a Comment