Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Old Soul makes tough decision

Our Dreamer Writes:

Dear SMYD,

Right after I met my boyfriend, I was at his house and I had extreme déjà vu about a dream that I had had about a year ago.  That dream was of the exact same present moment that I was in with him!  So I had a dream about being with him before I ever met him!

Then, about a week ago I had a dream that I was in my boyfriend's room.  We were hanging out just like we normally do.  Then I noticed that in the corner of the room was an abnormally small baby that was so smiley and so happy.  We both were admiring the baby and saying how cute it was for the longest time.  He and I are like that with his kitten, playing with her and admiring her cuteness.  So that is exactly what we were doing in the dream, but with this baby instead of the kitten.  

He says he doesn't want a relationship right now because he wants to focus on himself and his path.  He told me that he did love me too, but that he sees me in the future when a better time for him comes.  About four days later I told him that I needed to cut myself out of his life because it’s too hard for me to be with him when he's not fully committing himself to me.  Since that day I have not talked to him.  Was this what the dream was trying to tell me?

Signed,

Old Soul

 

Dear Old Soul,

A man called the “Sleeping Prophet,” Edgar Cayce, said we never experience anything without dreaming of it first.  Your seemingly precognitive dream about your boyfriend would support Cayce’s theory!

In the present, you’ve taken some steps to protect yourself and your heart; and your dream suggests you’ve done the right thing, even though it is painful.

In your dream, you and your boyfriend spend time admiring a baby and saying how cute it is, just as you do in waking life with his kitten.  Generally, a baby in a dream might be seen as a metaphor for new life, or a new beginning.  In your dream though, the baby is “abnormally small” and off in a corner of the room. 

You both treat the baby the same as you do the kitten, as a cute novelty, and nothing more.  Its future is limited.  This is the hallmark of the relationship you’ve just ended:  It was appealing, even laughing and happy, but small and underdeveloped, relegated to a corner of reality and not likely to grow into anything more.

Your boyfriend has spoken plainly to you Dear Dreamer, telling you what to expect – that he will not commit to you now.  He doesn’t ask you to hang around and you are wise to go.  Your dream precedes the actions you took since you cannot be satisfied with the small role you played in his life.

Sweet Dreams to You!

SMYD

No comments:

Post a Comment