Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dream Interpretation - Don't let bad habits harden into place



Dreams of houses may relate to the dreamer's state of mind ~ where she lives mentally or emotionally.  Consider also the implications of houses holding key relationships and the qualities they embody.

Dear Carolyn,

My husband and I live in our current house alone along with our baby and puppy.  I remember when I was pregnant I just wanted to get things done (nesting).  I was on a mission.  I was tired but I didn't want to sleep.  That's how I felt in this dream:

I was in a house that looks totally different but feels familiar.  Somehow, I knew it was my house.  Most of the dream took place at the top landing of our stairs.  There were many people I don’t recognize in the house.

I was tired but I didn't want to sleep.  My husband was busy with calls for his business and I kept missing him.  I would see him and make my way to him but not catch up to him in time. 

But the problem here is that my house seemed to be falling apart.  There were coral-like growths all around the house especially at the top of the stairs and in my master bedroom.  I tried to get my husband to call someone to come and fix it.  But I am the only one to see it – or see it as a problem.  I wanted to fix it or do something to get rid of it.  I remember getting upset and thinking why does nobody think to remove them!

Signed,

Anxious New Mom



Dear New Mom,

The house in your dream is a metaphor for your state of mind – the place you live with a nagging feeling that things are not right.  You find yourself concerned that things are calcifying around you. 

Because the major part of the dream takes place at the top of the stairs near the master bedroom, it may be speaking to your relationship with your husband.  As a new mom, you have many new trains of thought (the many people now in your home).  And you find some thoughts, or patterns of behavior, that are growing at the same time they are solidifying, like coral.  It is significant that these are parts of the walls. 

As you know, walls or partitions create separation.  In your dream, you are concerned about this and you keep trying to connect with your husband about it, to no avail.  You miss him, literally and figuratively, and you want "to fix it or get rid of it."  But he doesn't see the need to worry or to take any action.  Your worry is that the patterns of communication around you now will solidify into long term isolation.

It seems that you are trying to build a home with your newly expanded family and you feel alone with your worries unheard.  Your dream urges you not to sleep, Dear Dreamer, but to resolve the mission you're on.


Sweet Dreams to You!


No comments:

Post a Comment