Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Buried Treasures are Just What They Seem

Our Dreamer Writes:

Dear SMYD,

I’ve been going to a dream group for almost a year now.  Everyone in the group has such detailed and interesting dreams, even complete stories!  But not me!  If I remember a dream, it’s usually just one picture, like a leaf or a hand.  So I’ve been kind of a problem for the group until now.  Finally, I had a ‘real’ dream!

I dreamed of being in a quarry.  All around me were beautiful stones.  Even though they were dirty, of course, I could see quartz, marble and granite.  I saw a stone bench top.  It looked ready to use – pre-cut and polished.  It had beautiful geodes in it that looked like knots in wood.  I offered it to the person with me saying, “You take it or I will.”

I saw a natural stone ‘stack’ marker like the ones people leave alongside hiking paths to show the way.  I saw jewelry made from stones including dangly earrings.  I said, “Maybe I’ll start wearing them.”

I found a cuff-style ring made of silver with a small red stone and put it on immediately.  I loved it.  It looked great on my left ring finger.  I wanted it, but it turned my finger green very fast.

This dream makes me feel great, but I’m not sure I ‘get’ all the details.  What do you think? 

Signed,

At last!  A Real Dream!

Dear Real Dream,

No need to be discouraged about single-image dreams like the leaf or hand that you mentioned.  Even the dream with only one static picture was chosen carefully by your Dreaming Self and has relevance for you.  But for now, we’ll stick with your ‘real dream.’

The concept of working a quarry is likely speaking to the exploration you’ve undertaken in your dreamwork efforts.  Searching under the surface connotes mining for something precious; and you’re finding plenty of subterranean gems!  In fact, you’re surrounded by beautiful and precious stones, even if some are still rough or covered with dirt.  This can be analogous to the work you’ve begun by paying attention to your dreams and using them for growth and enrichment.  With polish, the gems you find will offer rewards and encouragement as you become more successful. 

Just like on a hiking path, you find a stone marker showing the way.  You seem to be considering how to make the most of the objects you’re finding – the earrings – “maybe I’ll wear them.”  And the bench, “maybe I’ll take it.”

The cuff ring offers a cautionary note.  Don’t be too eager to marry something (you put it on your left ring ‘wedding’ finger) – like putting on handcuffs – that may turn out to be less valuable or worthy.  Investigate thoroughly first!

Dear Dreamer, by working patiently with your dreams, you have tapped into a rich and valuable mine stocked with gems of insights and nuggets of wisdom!  You’re on your way to exciting adventures of discovery and growth!

Congratulations and Sweet Dreams to You!

SMYD
sendmeyourdreams@mail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment