Wednesday, May 23, 2012

You're in the Big Leagues Now!

Our Dreamer Writes:

Dear SMYD,

I’m not a star athlete, or even a baseball player, but I’ve dreamed twice now about the famous ace pitcher for the San Francisco Giants, Tim Lincecum.  In the first dream, I’m walking into a big league ball park for a workout and Lincecum falls in beside me.  We toss a baseball back and forth between us, and then we start jogging along together.  Tim has a big smile on his face; it’s a sunny day, and I feel great to be there with him even though it’s so incredible I can hardly believe it’s true.  Some scouts on the sidelines seem to be impressed with me, probably because I’m there with Tim.

In the second dream I’m with Tim Lincecum again.  In this dream, I am in a gym or workout area and Timmy is there.  I was just a custodian, or other low-ranking employee.  He seems surprised to see me.  I think I interrupted his thoughts or his workout routine.  Though he’s startled at first, he engages me.  He seems to do this out of duty or obligation at first, but even though the relationship is odd or awkward, we soon start having fun with the workout.

Signed,

Star-Struck Baseball Fan



Dear Star-Struck,

You don’t mention what’s going on in your waking life, but your dreams offer some insights.  The suggestion in both cases is that somehow, you’re getting ready for the “big leagues” in your chosen endeavors.  You’ve been putting in the work as demonstrated when you find yourself entering into a big league stadium to work out on your own; then a major league player, one you hold in high esteem, falls into step with you, and tosses the ball with you as an equal.  He jogs with you, smiling and relaxed with you at his side.  He accepts your presence as natural and so should you!  The scouts are impressed by your appearance there, even if you still can’t quite believe it.  You are coming into the major leagues. 

Your second dream seems to reaffirm the notion.  While you may think of yourself as a low-ranking employee, not in the same league as those around you; the circumstances may feel surprising, odd, or awkward, but go ahead and get used to it.  You’re working out like a big leaguer, and you’re accepted into the realm of high performers! 

In your dreams, it felt great for you to be there, and after an initial phase of incredulity or awkwardness, you fit right in.  Your next step in your waking life is to get comfortable in your new surroundings and do what you’ve prepared yourself to do.  You may set aside your lack of confidence and consider yourself to be where you belong - in the big leagues.  Your dreams show that you have the work ethic, the skill, and the talent, just like star pitcher Tim Lincecum.  You deserve to play in that arena.

Congratulations!  You’ve earned the elevated status you’re about to enjoy!

Sweet Dreams to You, Dear Dreamer!

SMYD

No comments:

Post a Comment