Saturday, May 3, 2014

Dream warns - Disneyland's a bust

Pay close attention to “road dreams.”  These dreams will show you the path you are on, the one ahead and behind you.  Detours, crashes and U-turns offer directions or caution the dreamer to be conscious of what is going on around her.  Today’s dreamer is on a head-strong journey and her dream provides some insight into its outcome.

Dear SMYD,

I have a lot of people telling me what to do and I am pretty sick of it.  My parents and my brother and sister all seem to think they know what’s best for me and they’re aren’t shy about expressing their opinions.  I have made it clear that I plan to do what I want to do and live my life the way I want to live it.  They don’t have to like it. 

I had a hard time falling asleep last night because they had all been on my case!  When I finally did fall asleep, I had this dream – basically a nightmare. 

I dreamed I was racing along in my car on a road toward Disneyland.  I was going faster and faster in a car that isn’t really mine, but it’s a little red convertible that I love.  Potholes start showing up on the road and I can dodge between them.  It’s like an obstacle course for drivers and I’m really good at it at first.  

Then it starts getting dark and the car’s headlights are pretty dim.  I can’t see very far ahead and I hit a couple of potholes.  The car got hard to handle and when I hit the brakes, it wouldn’t stop.  I spun around and barely missed hitting another car.  It looked like my old Honda.  I hate that car and it just won’t die! 

Disneyland was right there, but it wasn’t Disneyland any more.  It was dark and overgrown with weeds.  But some kids were in there screaming and riding an old wooden rollercoaster!



What do you think it means?

Signed,

Going to Disneyland

Dear Disneyland Bound,

With apologies to your free-thinking self, your dream speaks in no uncertain terms on the side of your family. 

It offers a metaphor for your state of mind:  You heading in a hurry toward a destination you imagine will be a playground of never-ending fun – Disneyland!  But as you speed along, the road becomes more and more treacherous.  And while in the beginning you feel adept at dodging the pitfalls (potholes) of such a headlong course, it’s not too long at all before you do run into trouble.  Soon, you can no longer see far enough ahead to avoid problems.  In fact, you spin out and narrowly miss a potentially destructive collision with your more practical, trustworthy self – that old but reliable Honda!

And if you continue, what you thought would be non-stop fun and games, will turn out to be nothing more than a shabby roller coaster ride in a rundown neighborhood.



Listen to the ones who love you, Dear Dreamer!  Your well-being depends on it!


Sweet dreams to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment